Austinites are no rookie when it comes to seasonal allergies. Austin’s cedar pollen alone has been known to cripple those from going out and enjoying our amazing city. Unfortunately, cedar isn’t the only nuisance when it comes to allergies in Austin. Another common household allergy is the dust mite. Your friendly Austin cleaning company is here to help you prevent those allergies from taking control of your life!
What are Dust Mites?
First and foremost, what are dust mites? Dust Mites are a tiny insect that loves to hang around any dwelling or collection of dust. These microscopic insects are drawn to dust like Austinites are to Breakfast Tacos. They tend to hang around as long as there is dust to munch on. Dust mites love a humid and hot climate,making Austin the perfect breeding ground for these pests.
What are the Dangers of Dust Mites?
These creatures can cause a slew of issues for anyone’s nasal passages or respiratory functions. Common side effects can be sneezing, coughing, difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, itchy nose, mouth or throat, and many more. In short, they aren’t good for your home or your body.
How Can I Get Rid of Dust Mites?
To rid dust mites from your home, you need to be not only patient but also consistent in your efforts. Here is what we suggest:
- Wash and re-wash all bedding and sheets in hot water
- Vacuum regularly
- Routinely wipe down all surfaces with a hot rag
- Lower your home’s overall temperature (higher temperature = higher humidity)
- Steam clean carpets and furniture
- Utilize cleaning products with tea tree and eucalyptus oils
- Cover your mattress and pillows with hypoallergenic covers
- Hiring a professional Austin cleaning service to regularly service your home to regularly remove dust
At It’s Cleaning Time!, we are no strangers to dust removal. Our highly skilled and professionally trained staff can remove the dust in your home, reducing your allergy symptoms and helping to improve your overall health!